3/14/11

workstation: Fill!


Message sent to fellow students before the workshop 7/2:



if you see this mail before Monday…

Please bring some kind of object/waste material who can be used as vessel, the important thing is that you can spare it and that it can hold other material.
We are going to use it for the workshop.
          see you on Monday 9.00
kindly  Lisa





"Fogskum" was the first material that came to my head when we started to talk about formless, now I know that formless doesn’t mean no form, but I decided to work with it anyway.  The questions I wanted to discuss with the group was: can we relate this process and the objects we make to horizontality?



We selected objects, prepared them with soap and started to fill!

and fill
 Then a mess of uncontrolled expansion.

 Pulling of the mold/shell  
or should I call it the original object?

an other objekt?



















    


some more

   
and more 



We talked about how we felt that the value of the objects changed when they were all filled with the same material or if we pull of the original object... We talked a lot about the process and about  to work in groups (that I was the one who gave the conditions in the beginning made it a little bit complex).

We also talked a lot about the relationship between process andartifacts which I think was interesting, the difference between workswhere the visitor will interact and where they should not can besubtle, and we concluded that it is good that it's usually a signthat tells us whether we should "participate" or "do not touch"  :)

It was a good help for me to use the practice as reference in the 
discussion of theory. My view of what horisontality could be or mean has become clearer.






No comments:

Post a Comment